What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ww1 German case ID

Thanks well known member Fert . I still stick to Greek. I have never seen a shell case with boot and Cyrillic pointing to Bulgaria or Serbia. In that period many shell cases and primers where captured and reused between different countries. Pretty rare primer by the way.

In time I am sure we will find more convincing proof.

Surprising to see this come back after 13 years.

I sold the case a few months after I bought it so don't know where it is now.

Was it ever confirmed which type of gun it was for?

Thanks well known member Fert . I still stick to Greek. I have never seen a shell case with boot and Cyrillic pointing to Bulgaria or Serbia. In that period many shell cases and primers where captured and reused between different countries. Pretty rare primer by the way.

In time I am sure we will find more convincing proof.
:D I agree with you. Case it's a dig find in Italy, I assume Austro Hungarian used the gun.

Surprising to see this come back after 13 years.

I sold the case a few months after I bought it so don't know where it is now.

Was it ever confirmed which type of gun it was for?
This specific case is Krupp number 835, if you look up my article on that subject it is in there. On my phone so a bit hard to attach a direct link.

This specific case is Krupp number 835, if you look up my article on that subject it is in there. On my phone so a bit hard to attach a direct link.

Thanks for the replies. Is the boot marking found on other Greek military equipment from the same era?