What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkshandgranate

Panzerfaust

hi everyone.
I plan to make this piece as a 3D print. (Image is from the internet) Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions and thread size??

thanks456.jpg

LEAFLET is correct as these are German parachute dropped 0.5kg bombs although I show a German one with a yellow fuze top that has a screw in the base instead of a hook and I was told it was a modified version used as a Czech hand grenade?

The Volkshandgranate is made form concrete with a metal cap and is much larger.

If you need dimensions these are my measurements. I have a diagram in a German book somewhere too.

The body is 54.5mm long and 38mm wide.
The scew-on top plug is 34mm wide and 4.5mm high. It is 28mm wide at the 1.5 pitch threads and has 2 flats on the top.
This top is not solid as shown in diagrams but has a 17mm centre hollow. It is 6.5mm deep and threaded in centre 10mm x 1.0 for the ANZ - 29 igniter.
The base hole is 4mm x 0.7 pitch.

I have not drawn a diagram but you have the measurements.

Attachments

• German grenades.jpeg
    German grenades.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 25
dimensions of the original Volkshandgrenade:
Grenade weight, g 400
Charge mass, g 150
Type BB nipolit
Length of grenade body, mm 74 (After the installation of the fuse, the overall height was about 100-105 mm.)
Grenade body diameter, mm 50
Throwing range, m 30 - 40
Fuse delay, s 4.5 (in fact the fuses BZE39 and BZ40 were produced in several versions with different delays - from 1 to 7,5 s)
1528474826_volkshandgranate-45-1.jpg

BTW, there is already a thread on this, with further photos, diagram and details

Ron3350, could you give more details on this "0.5kg german parachute grenade" - was it dropped from aircraft or was it a rifle grenade? was it an anti-aircraft air-dropped weapon? or was it an antipersonal device?

Last edited: