What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRAB-50J

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,
here I am again with a riddle posed by a friend in the field.
Could anyone give us information regarding this PRAB-50J bomb (nationality (I think Ex-Yugo), type, technical characteristics, technical drawings, etc.) ?

I remember that at the end of the conflict in Ex-Yugoslavia, it was the Serbs or the Croats, I don't know anymore, who used FAB-50s as a military charge for "homemade" rockets. Could the PRAB-50J be an evolution of it ?

Attachments

• PRAB-50J-01.jpg
    PRAB-50J-01.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
PRAB ( PRobojna Avio Bomba= penetrating aerial bomb) were Yugoslavian bombs, which dimensions and body shape are almost identical to the German SD bombs of similar weight order. Similarly the Yugoslavian FAB bombs were evo;utions of the German SC bombs of similar weight order.
The main difference were the locations of the fuze pockets (nose and bottom instead of lateral pockets) , the use of AVU fuzes instead of ElAz and the shape of teh stabilizer.
Here are drawings of Yugoslavian FAB-250J & PRAB-250J

PRAB-250J _FAB.jpg

This photograph shows on the left a pair of PRAV-250J then a pair of PRAB-50J in the center. On the right something quite different - a British made BL755 cluster, introduced in JRV arsenal in the mid eighties, typically used by the Soko J-22 Orao.
PRAB-250J on left PRAB-50J center.jpg

Last edited:
PRAB ( PRobojna Avio Bomba= penetrating aerial bomb) were Yugoslavian bombs, which dimensions and body shape are almost identical to the German SD bombs of similar weight order. Similarly the Yugoslavian FAB bombs were evo;utions of the German SC bombs of similar weight order.
The main difference were the locations of the fuze pockets (nose and bottom instead of lateral pockets) , the use of AVU fuzes instead of ElAz and the shape of teh stabilizer.
Here are drawings of Yugoslavian FAB-250J & PRAB-250J

View attachment 197738

This photograph shows on the left a pair of PRAV-250J then a pair of PRAB-50J in the center. On the right something quite different - a British made BL755 cluster, introduced in JRV arsenal in the mid eighties, typically used by the Soko J-22 Orao.
View attachment 197739
Great thanks, DreamK