What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me ID this shell

Hey, thanks for the drawings, FHGrStg. bungs shells are not common to find, real problem is most collectors only want combat shells. I like both types in the same way. :tinysmile_kiss_t3:

Hi all, I saw a Stielgr41 at the gun show yesterday. I was wonderiiing what these are typically worth and if they are rare. The gunshow was in Canada, so I guess my questions should be, "are they rare in Canada?:neutral:

Cheers,

Greg

Hi all, I saw a Stielgr41 at the gun show yesterday. I was wonderiiing what these are typically worth and if they are rare. The gunshow was in Canada, so I guess my questions should be, "are they rare in Canada?:neutral:

Cheers,

Greg

It is always hard to place a value on a item without seeing even a picture. As you will know the value will depend very much on the condition.

They are not the rarest of items in Europe but saying that a good one can be difficult to find and the price varies a lot from 200 to 300 Euro. The obvious answer is that they would be rarer in Canada.

What was the price of the one you saw?

PC

Attachments

• 3.7cm Stiel41 b..jpg
    3.7cm Stiel41 b..jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 29
Totally agree with StielGr. That pic is from a big stock found in a Finnish lake some years ago, Im right? And to find one of this at a gun show at Canada.... well, I dont think that it be a "Vet bring back" souvenir :tinysmile_eyebrow_t, one thing is a stickgrenade, but this round is a monster. Our collectors world is smaller than many of us think, and dealers know dealers form everywhere. But as StielGr says would be important to know condition and asked price for give you a right opinion.

I paid 200 for my example a couple of years ago and its full of original ink stamps.

best

waff

Attachments

• new items april 004.jpg
    new items april 004.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 16
It is a right price, but two years for a German item..... prices rise as the beer scum. It is right scum for the beer or is better froth? Also, very nice marks Waff. What it is very, very difficult to find are the metal containers.