What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canon rounds.

Rippin' canon rounds

Better late than never, kicking display of canon rounds, quite a collection there John/ Thanks for showing and well done...Dano

Dave,

Here are photos of the AAI round you wanted to see. The tip of the sabots are open, and the penetrator can be seen inside. The round next to it is the same shape, fired case and unfired projo. It has something protruding from the primer hole, that is holding it up. It has no headstamp.

John

Thanks John, I didn't realise they had tested an AP version, very interesting.
Does the TP come out of the case - if so any chance of a photo of that (don't worry it it won't come out easily). The 2 projectiles I have are in dummy cases and won't come out. I've also photographed the headstamp on the TP version plus inside to show how the primer is fixed in place.
Dave.

Attachments

• 25 Sept 09 005.jpg
    25 Sept 09 005.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 25 Sept 09 006.jpg
    25 Sept 09 006.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 25 Sept 09 002.jpg
    25 Sept 09 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
Digging up a bit of an old thread here, just thought I'd show a couple of photos of the 25mm apfsds I managed to track down (on the left in the photos). The belt is plastic and it flexes in both directions a bit like a ball and socket joint.

I've now got a spare case if anyone is interested please PM me.

All INERT.

Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 17