What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7 AA projectile

Hi Harry,

Nice to see a member helping out young Falcon out with the transport.

Please send me some details of that case you are looking for as mick might have another down at the stores in Bournemouth?

best
waff

3.7" projectile

Hi Waff
Young collector need a bit of help, it help keep them interested in the collecting.
Thanks for the offer the case was the very large one in the middle of one of you photo of the stall you had at Beltring

Harry, thanks for the info on the 6" Round. Was that calibre used during WW2 or was it a postwar design? Is the primer the standard diamter and thread as fitted to rounds such as the 25 Pounder? Obviously that would have had a flash tube, whereas the 25 Pounder one didn't

The guns on the Belfast are BL. when I went round it last summer, they described ramming the projectile and cordite bag charge, then closing the breech and inserting a primer. There are also inert cordite bag charges and wooden dummy shells in the magazine and turrets.

I'm sure we can work something out on the 3.7" Case.