What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US civil war Artillery

I'm always impressed by the amount of different shells and the incredible numbers of invention made during the Americain Civil War.
When I was a little boy I read all the collection of comics "Les Tuniques Bleues" ("The Bluecoats") and it was my first experience with war.

Yes, found that site before and would love to buy the book.

Unfortunately as 'Historical Publications' doesn't what to abide by the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). it's a no-no for the book and to view their website (https://www.historicalpublicationsllc.com/).

All you get is this from the UK (without VPN).

Untitled.png

Standard reference book on Civil War artillery and ammunition was written by Warren Ripley, and published by Van Nostrand Reinhold in 1970.
Jack Melton wrote Guide to Civil War Artillery Projectiles with Lawrence Pawl, and this appeared in 1996. Dunno how this latest version differs, if at all significantly, from what is advertised.
Alan1

Standard reference book on Civil War artillery and ammunition was written by Warren Ripley, and published by Van Nostrand Reinhold in 1970.
Jack Melton wrote Guide to Civil War Artillery Projectiles with Lawrence Pawl, and this appeared in 1996. Dunno how this latest version differs, if at all significantly, from what is advertised.
Alan1
The details in the newer book are generally like the page excerpt below, which was found as link on one of their pages.

61db79680f920.image.jpg

The thumbnail shows up in web searches, as do many others, but unfortunately Historical Publications lack of GDPR support means they are not viewable normally. Well unless you live in the US of A, or any other country that doesn't use GDPR, or a similar privacy information law, or laws.

Thanks for response, looks like Melton has added detail of eg manufacture practices etc, wch were only briefly touched upon in his previous book.
Probably found some more dug up relics to chop in half as well, as this book looks to be rather more comprehensive.
Alan1.