What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNUSUAL SECTIONED 1 POUNDER Mk3

mach1bang

Hi Guys, can anyone make sense of this?
A sectioned 1 pounder Mk3 proj. It has a brass square holed plug screwed in instead of fuze, below this a bag marked with an S below RL and broad arrow. The bag is where the gain would be. Below this is filler where the main charge would be. What does the S mean?
The proj is painted as an HE. Old paint but don't think original. The driveband is stamped with numbers 7098. I think this must be a rare beast, any ideas?

Attachments

• P6170384.jpg
    P6170384.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 90
  • P6170385.jpg
    P6170385.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 94
Would you mind taking the photos again and posting them again.
Its hard to make anything out.
Thanks.
Dave.

Hi Dave, I took a few and these were the clearest, not an expensive camera, will not focus any closer. Will try again more distance when time. The description
should give enough info I hope.
Cheers Tim.

As the bag is where the gain would be, could it be acting as an ignitiator ? a cheaper way of producing the same effect.
Tim.

What are the markings on the band

It is the projectile for the 37x69 loading, these are around but this is a stunning example of one cut away. I wonder if it's the incendiary. Fuze is the #131 if I have it correctly.
Similar to the one in the drawing. But I think there is HE in yours under the bag, the green stripe likely indicates what kind, somebody will know.

Attachments

• 37x69,Incy,1Pr.jpg
    37x69,Incy,1Pr.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
What are the markings on the band

It is the projectile for the 37x69 loading, these are around but this is a stunning example of one cut away. I wonder if it's the incendiary. Fuze is the #131 if I have it correctly.
Similar to the one in the drawing. But I think there is HE in yours under the bag, the green stripe likely indicates what kind, somebody will know.

Hi Gordon, thanks for your response, the markings on the driveband are as in description in original post, only markings on band 7098.
Cheers Tim.