What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown ordnance

Sir,
Can we have a photo of each end where there appears to be fittings of some sort.
what is its length and diameter. This is the data anyone requires in order to make an attempt at identification.
Best Regards,
John
P.S. sharp focus also helps. :)

Some years ago I responded to an unknown AT mine found on Ft. Hood Texas. Spent three days trying to identify it (pre-internet) before someone noticed that it had an uncanny resemblance to the screw-off bottoms on the new trash cans in the city park.

Jeff

I can see you now, sloooooowly creeping up to it. Oh Man! A shitcan bottom. What a buzz kill. :)

Libyan V40 knockoff. The v39.

Don't laugh too much, there were Iranian CS submunitions (captured by the Iraqis) observed in Iraq that were not all that far off - and are still under discussion.

Sir,
From your photos I would have never guessed your object to be that large, 12 inches in diameter?
Sorry I haven't a clue to its identity.
Regards,
John

Ha ha ha, I agree with Tmine35, I had 4 of these grenades on my Citroen BX (1 by wheel), the fifth (principal on pressure generator) is a little different, more circular !

We found this regularly in Belgium as Gren 1 kg, AP mines, ...

Yoda

We had in Finland 2 issues recently when such pressure vessels were found lying on ground and police + army EOD were called to site. It was quite funny to read afterwards what the police representatives explained about these "dangerous" items in newspapers.

A few years ago this happened a few miles from me. The object was described as being grenade shaped and military green in colour by the local newspaper. It did infact turn out to be a Citroen part.

Okay so it is only 3.8 inches What the hell is it??
John