What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Mine Fuze

Eggburt1969

Send to myself via my boss (Colin King of many mine and other EOD-related publications) from a fuze and munitions collector in the US.

Markings seen include: pressed-in Latin script AOG-69, which could be its designation, or something like a factory code and year of production; a white triangle; and a white script and a punch-marked 'INERT'.

It has an upper assembly 'similar' to the MVZ-62 (МВЗ-62), but the lower area would seem to be from the MVZ-57 (МВЗ-57) and sized for the fuze well of the TM-57 (ТМ-57) anti-tank blast mine. So overall a bit like an MVZ-57, but an outer shell, arming button, and safety pin like the MVZ-62.

At a guess something from a former Warsaw Pact country, but that is just a guess. Any ideas of its country of origin, its history, its designation, and its usage would be appreciated by my boss and the US collector.

AOG-69-Marked Fuze - Colin-WhatsApp (LR) - 1.jpegAOG-69-Marked Fuze - Colin-WhatsApp (LR) - 2.png