What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Grenades found in Belgium

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,

Here pics of two grenades that we need a identification. We find nothing in our documentation and now I would ask the question on BOCN.
Unknown Gren-01.JPG
The first one is painted olive with a "hand" white marking "INERT", made in steel and have a thread who accept a gren fuze. It is empty. The fuze is marked "DM 62", it's all.
The diameter of the grenade is 50 mm, the full height with fuze is 72 mm.
Unknown Gren-02.JPG

The second one is painted white and is a beautifull little ball of 40 mm diameter. It is also in steel and present a threat who accept a gren fuze. It is empty. The fuze is a belgian M73 PRAC FUZE (body blue ? Strange, normal is it black!)
Unknown Gren-03.JPG

I will not say what's my meaning about this "grenade", it could influence your ideas.
The diameter of the body is 40 mm and the total height is 60 mm (with fuze).

Who have an idea ? I have some ideas but I will have confirmations of this.

The green one looks very close in shape to a cut-away body I picked up several years ago in Arlon. Mine looked a little less rough, and was marked with three triangles (Mecar?) Don't know off hand if I still have it or not, I'll try and look for some photos later to confirm if it's the same.