What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Fuze

ammocat

Ordnance approved
I recently provided this fuze to try and make a positive identification, but so far I have had no luck. The fuze has very few markings on it. The fuze has two settings "F" and "Sp". There is a number "28" and a very small "C" on the brass portion of the body. There are a couple of markings on the steel portion on the bottom edge (shown in photo). I have measured the height and diameter of various portions of the fuze and these measurements are also shown in the photos.

If anyone can identify it or provide country of manufacture I would appreciate it.Fuze2.jpgFuze3.jpgFuze1.jpgFuze5.jpgFuze4.jpg

Fuze PuW 12 kg-01.JPGFuze PuW 12 kg-02.JPGFuze PuW 12 kg-03.JPGHello Ammocat,
the fuze you have is the fuze for the german bomb PuW 12 kg of WW1.
I will try to set pictures of it...

Hi Ammocat,

Nice Fuse!!!

I believe it could be a late war issue one with the alloy part - there are some which are all brass (do a search on BOCN as there are threads on the PuW bomb)

Does it have the propeller stamp? (like the one shown?)

Great find!!!:xd:

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3482.JPG
    DSCN3482.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN3486.jpg
    DSCN3486.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN3483.JPG
    DSCN3483.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN3484.JPG
    DSCN3484.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN3485.jpg
    DSCN3485.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 21
No there is no propeller stamp on the fuze. It has the number 28 in the same area as the 175 appears on the photo you provided.

Thanks to all for the information and photos and for the quick responses.