What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 37mm

inbound6151481379189575526.jpginbound6553642787846253991.jpghi I have this 37mm that no one seems to no. It's got a drive band identical to the British vsm 37mm the fuze is actually a solid plug stamed eoc and also a p stamped on it. A vms fuze screws into it so the threads are identical but it's not been tapped deep enough to take the vsm fuze fully. Any help or information is appreciated thank you.

You did not mention the projectile base. If it has a vent hole it is a Day Tracer which has a nose plug. If not maybe a Practice projectile.
My example has a large P on the plug. Base has the vent and V for Vickers as shown.

Attachments

• 1Pr Tracer.jpeg
    1Pr Tracer.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 5
You did not mention the projectile base. If it has a vent hole it is a Day Tracer which has a nose plug. If not maybe a Practice projectile.
My example has a large P on the plug. Base has the vent and V for Vickers as shown.
Hi Ron sorry I didn't think to mention the base. It's un marked and has no hole

Whilst on the subject of 37mm pom poms, Ive attached photos showing a rimless case for Q.F. 1pdr. It's marked as such and is stamped COW for Coventry ordnance Works. The 37mm blank and standard case are for comparison. It looks to have never been filled. Was it to be a partner piece for the 1.5 pdr. COW gun ? The rim size is about 40mm. though. I've never come across a similar case in 40odd years.

Attachments

• CIMG5384.JPG
    CIMG5384.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • CIMG5385.JPG
    CIMG5385.JPG
  • CIMG5386.JPG
    CIMG5386.JPG