What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 20 mm tool cartridge 20x135 / 20x139

Defender

There are some questions on the tool cartridge shown on the pics.

It's said, that it's a - maybe unknown - german trial-caliber 20x135, but the known ones have other cartridge case-proportions. The dimensions are really near the post-war 20x139.
It's said, that the cartridge case is made of brass.
In my opinion, the headstamp could be a fake: P , Ex , [eagle]WaA 75, 34

Did someone got a similar cartridge and knows the right caliber and the origin?
All answers and - hopefully - declaring pics are very wellcome.

Thanks for support.

Attachments

• 20x138G Ex Chrom.jpg
    20x138G Ex Chrom.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Kopie von PC130002.JPG
    Kopie von PC130002.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Kopie von PC130004.JPG
    Kopie von PC130004.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 70
  • PC130007.jpg
    PC130007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 51
  • PC130008.jpg
    PC130008.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
No ideas on it?

Some additional informations:

Rim-diameter here is said 28 mm, extractor groove diameter 24 mm, case diameter where shoulder beginns 26,5 mm, neck length 12,7 mm. Case length should be 135 mm, but measures at the pics give some 138-139 mm.

If it's really an unknown and not adopted trial-caliber, why does it have an acceptance stamp like adopted ammo? I think this is a contradiction in terms.

The cartridge is for sale. First the seller told, that it is a 20x138B for the 2 cm Flak 38. After I corrected this, he told a story, that he get it from an officer who was detached to an army trial station (Heeres-Versuchsanstalt) ... a little bit unprobable, or not?

Hello

Very interesting.

Do you know if other FAKES exist in the category :

20 mm German WW2

:tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi, I found these....
attachment.php

on...http://www.wk2ammo.com/showthread.php?t=3203
and I did think that it looks like a post war Hispano-suiza HS-820 oerlikon armourers drill round.
Check out this site too..http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/an_introduction_to_collecting_20.htm
Hope that helps.

No problem mate, I had an empty case which was made of steel and was dipped in black paint, a real oddy, but that too was the same a Hispano-suiza.
:tinysmile_shy_t: