What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sub calibre trainer???

smle2009

Hi to all,
picked up this item on SA,discribed as a 50 cal short range tank spotting cartridge(the discription given to the seller when he obtained it).
The diameter is too small to be 50 cal(photo of thing and 50 cal).
The only markings on it are 'made in England',which makes me think it may not even be a military application,the metal rod in the base is sprung,the cone top unscrews and only one part will come out,the hole in the 'top' is too small for a .22" RF.

So any ideas gents(photos are probably a better option than my rather useless discription!)

Tony

Tony I think this may be a "Brocock" type compressed air cartridge for just as you say-it will be interesting to see what the others have to say about it.

Tony I think this may be a "Brocock" type compressed air cartridge for just as you say-it will be interesting to see what the others have to say about it.
Agreed. Maybe a compressed air cartridge for an air shotgun or something. Maybe a .20 caliber?

Thanks Chris and Rob,
the hole in the cone would be just about right for .20",base of cart too small for 12 bore but just right for 20 bore but is there a SG that uses a rimless cartridge?

Cheers
Tony

Thanks Chris and Rob,
the hole in the cone would be just about right for .20",base of cart too small for 12 bore but just right for 20 bore but is there a SG that uses a rimless cartridge?

Cheers
Tony

Sorry mate, half asleep. Not to my knowledge on rimless. Strange, Brocock are all rimmed cartridges too, maybe we're barking up the wrong tree with this one.