What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on 75DE C shell

jozefb2009

Hello,

Does anybody happen to know the meaning of the letters G and L on the below image 355a.jpg? And the number 38?
The length is 229mm.

355a.jpg

What is the meaning of the letters B & H on the image 355a3.jpg?
355a3.jpg

Thanks,

Jef

Hi Jef,

I do not know the meaning of the letters, but I see the French navy has fitted a new primer. Is the case shortened for the 75 mm French naval gun or is it original length?

Hi Jef,

I have 3 of these they are marked with Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe and one with R.h.M.F. Dusseldorf.
they have the same primer marked with 9 38.
dimension 75mm x 228mm x 87r weight 1050gram100_7267.jpg

The 75x228mm case --> you mean 75x282mm? Then it is a case for Romania. I have this as a shortened 75 mm DEC, I have not yet seen one made from a German case. The primer I know from several French navy cases, not sure if Romania bought the cases from French including primer, or that this is also a typical Romanian primer.

The messurments are definitly the 228mm hight i mension earlier.
the markings H & B could it be Cyrillic for B & N

mvg,
Thierry.

Thanks thats what I need.
The only question remains which country used these in 9 - 1938. Hungary?
The ones I found came from Belgium.

Moltke, I have even seen these in Spain. And I just took a look in my collection, and I mixed up something. The French navy primers are clearly different, and marked French. I have 2 8 cm cases, 1 is from Hungary with large primer and 1 is "weird" with a small primer that resembles the one on your case. I will go up now and let you know the headstamp!

12-o-clock: "M" and 2 bird logo's, "GR" initials (George Roth, Austria)
6-o-clock: 1915, 4, "Cv", 8cm M5/16

Primer: Vz8, 5 28, possibly Skoda logo

Ink stamp: vz.16SIC/38 M1938 120g0.2/2

Strange mix of Austrian/Czech case?!?!

Nice case!
The 2 cases I have from Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe have a sp255 stamp.
They are probably made for own use. how many countries head these guns (8cm M5/16)
-Germany
-Austria
-Czech
-
-
-