What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

primer removal tool

Fred

Hi Folks
I didnt know where else to post this but it is best associated with cartridges so...
I bought one of these tools in maplins at the weekend for 5.99 but they are probably cheaper elsewhere. Its a tool for removing watch backs, made by Rolson. It comes with a set of interchangable pins but it occured to me that if you replace the pins with 3/16" steel pegs, it is ideal for removing cartridge primers (inert ones of course!). With access to a lathe, various sizes if pin could be made to suit the smaller ones. The spacing between the pins is easily adjustable and you can use two or three. Beats a hammer and punch anyday!
Fred

P1020144.jpg

Good idea. Can you give more specifics on the tool itself... ie maker, model number... etc..

Would like to find a similar tool on this side of the pond...

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig
I bought mine on Ebay a while back look under Watch supplies the one i have here is similar to one shown by Fred earlier but made by ANCHOR , but there is no address given.

Thanks for the tip Fred,
I've been looking for a primer pocket tool for ages and this may well be the answer. I have a small lathe so adaptors should be possible.
Many thanks,
navyman.

Hello Fred,
Got one now in exchange for turning a shim for friends motorbike, works well, now will have to copy and make a smaller one for 37mm's etc!
Best regards,
navyman.

That looks like the perfect tool if the primer has the slots for the tool.
What do you do if the primer doesn't have slots for an installation/removal tool
How do you remove those primers?

Thanks