What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nordenfelt etc.

cyclops

Re. my previous post regarding unknown shells, I believe the last two in the line up are Nordenfelt and the other with 3 bands is Hotchkiss as is the painted shell. The fired lead projectile I assume is 1" aiming rifle. The last Nordenfelt is a lead projectile with a copper obturating base. Be interested to hear other opinions.

Attachments

• CIMG5367.JPG
    CIMG5367.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • CIMG5368.JPG
    CIMG5368.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • CIMG5369.JPG
    CIMG5369.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • CIMG5370.JPG
    CIMG5370.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
The painted 25 mm projectile no one seems to know the manufacturer, i posted my one a year or so back with no definitive answer, are there any stamps on your projectile

The projectile on the far right is also a 1 inch aiming rifle bullet, rather than a Nordenfelt. It is the electric or percussion primed cordite version, mark 1, 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Hi, Just checked the painted 1" shell. It has no markings anywhere to suggest it's origin. it does have a deep cavity in the base presumably for tracer compound.