What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from Texas

hirsca

Greetings from Dallas, Texas. My first post. I collect USGI dummy ordnance and I need help on identifying this. A rifle grenade collector on the usmilitariaforum.com suggested to me that it might be British and introduced me to this site. Can anyone ID this for me? Many thanks in advance. Al Hirschler Picture 1417.jpg Picture 1415.jpgPicture 1418.jpgPicture 1416.jpg

The British trialed these but it is from Mecar in Belgium. The head markings are typical (40mm Fragmentation, Mecar 1969) and the not for ball marking is not unusual but the bands and 400 etc are not marks I recognise from British trials examples. Maybe it is one from US tests.

Hirsca, welcome here and howdy.

That is a FRG-40 Belgian practice rifle grenade made by MECAR.

Hi Hirsca,Welcome to the BOCN,I am sure you will find plenty to interest you on here,enjoy the wealth of knowledge that is available,
Regards,Don,

Hello Al,

Welcome from Ohio, have fun and stay safe!

Frank

Attachments

• 40N.jpg
    40N.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to BOCN. Virginia here, Civil War ordnance.
Regards,
John aka Bart

Thanks for the pic of the drawing. My brother, who collects cartridges gave the round to me, but he could not remember where he acquired it. He said that he might have picked it up while in the Marine Corps back in the Viet Nam era. Did the USMC ever test these? Thanks again, Al.