What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need drawing / picture of Russian 107mm artillery shell

timefuze

Hi,

Does anyone have a picture and/or a cross sectional drawing with some dimensions of the Russian WWII 107mm artillery shell, known to the Germans as 10,7cm Sprgr 351 (r) please?
I only have the drawing below and think I might have the bottom part of a blown up sample :).

Thanks,
Timefuze

10,7cm Sprgr 351 (r).JPG

Hi,

Does anyone have a picture and/or a cross sectional drawing with some dimensions of the Russian WWII 107mm artillery shell, known to the Germans as 10,7cm Sprgr 351 (r) please?
I only have the drawing below and think I might have the bottom part of a blown up sample :).

Thanks,
Timefuze

I have old Soviet manual for 107-mm shells (printed in 1931, for next artillery sistems:cannon model 1910, jap cannon model 1905, french cannon model 1905 and cannon model 1877 year), but in that time didn`t exist GRAU index (Ф-420У) and I can`t recognise your shell. If some one knows old name of this shell - I think I can help you.

One more - information about 107-mm soviet shells are very rare! And I think I have information about this shell ;)

Here are the pages from the German manual "D 50/8b Kennbltter fremden Gerts (ab 3,7cm)" concerning the 10,7cm 351(r)
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 10.7cm 351(r).pdf
    313.7 KB · Views: 51
I have a Finnish WW2 manual shoving 6 different 107mm shells for Russian model 1910 and 1913 field guns. Dimensions are well detailed. Any help to you?

I have a Finnish WW2 manual shoving 6 different 107mm shells for Russian model 1910 and 1913 field guns. Dimensions are well detailed. Any help to you?
107-mm cannon model 1913 year??? What is it?

Last edited:
My literature source says that model 1910 was a Schneider gun, supplied to Russia both from France and made locally by Putilov. A modified version was in France called 107 mm canon mle 10/12. It is said that Russians called this version model 13. Later on it was modified in France as model 10/12 S and later version as model 10/30. About differences I have no information. Also my source does not clearly specify which model designations were French and which Russian, however all guns in Finnish use came from Russia.

My literature source says that model 1910 was a Schneider gun, supplied to Russia both from France and made locally by Putilov. A modified version was in France called 107 mm canon mle 10/12. It is said that Russians called this version model 13. Later on it was modified in France as model 10/12 S and later version as model 10/30. About differences I have no information. Also my source does not clearly specify which model designations were French and which Russian, however all guns in Finnish use came from Russia.
My friend, I don`t know, who wrote your book, bur russian documents don`t know any cannon model 1913. Just model 1910 and 1930. And yes, first cannos were from France and other produced on plant in Putilovsk.

Hi Tmine35,

Yes, any dimensions of the 107mm shells without a pronounced boat tail shape (see picture in my original thread start) at their end would help me a lot!
Could you snatch a copy out of your manual and send it across please?

thanks a lot for the help!

Timefuze

No problem, will do it. But can't promise if I can do it tomorrow or first on Monday as I'm preparing for a major gun show on Sunday.

Sorry,I can`t give information about this shell. Soviet manual doesn`t give dimensions of shells - just description with cutway.

Here 3 different boat tailen shells in Finnish WW2 manual. Theone with ballictic cap definitely is Russian, also the short one ( schrapnel ). The long one I don't know but painting scheme looks Finnish. However at overhauls captured Russian shells were painted to Finnish color scheme as well.

Windows 8 again turns the pictures in wrong direction :(

Attachments

• 107-1.JPG
    107-1.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 107-2.JPG
    107-2.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 107-3.JPG
    107-3.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 20
107x444R  M1910[30.JPGGreetings.....
I am interested in the cartridge cases for these rounds.
I have two lengths of case listed, and one tentative rim diameter.
Perhaps someone would correct/amend the following:-
..... 107x444R x123? M1910 (M60 ?) (95/1 ?) field guns
..... 107x550R x ? M1910/30 field guns .................this might not have existed and should be 444mm

And does anyone have a photo of the case(s) ...Thanks very much

Hi Tmine35,

Thanks for the data. My shell doesn't have a cilindrical part below the driving band tough. And almost no boat tail.
See my thread under "Identification", titled "ID German (?) shell (posted 10/02) for some pictures of what I'm looking for...
Do you have info about that kind of shell please?

brgds,

timefuze

Unfortunately I can't say much about the fragments. The Finnish manual shows also some shells without boat tail, but with a short cylindical part instead. However I'm sure this is not all what Russians have had. Those described in Finnish manual are captured in good quantity for our own use.

Just to confirm.....the case lengths that I mentioned above (444 and 550mm) are correct.
But it would be great if someone could confirm rim size(s).............and some photos would be well-received too :)
Thanks....Charley