What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Collection

Weasel

Premium Member
Hi all,
Thought it was about time that i posted a pic or two of my collection, It has been great to get all of this lot out of storage and set it up, taken a few hours though, i don't have the room in my house to display it all so it will be going back away again soon. I could not get it all out but this is most of it minus alot of small arms and cases waiting for the right projectiles etc.

Best regards Weasel.

All items shown are empty and inert

Attachments

• collection 007.jpg
    collection 007.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 244
  • collection part 2 003.jpg
    collection part 2 003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 215
  • collection part 2 024.jpg
    collection part 2 024.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 200
  • collection 012.jpg
    collection 012.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 209
  • collection 019.jpg
    collection 019.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
And a few more pics.

Attachments

• collection part 2 023.jpg
    collection part 2 023.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 109
  • collection part 2 022.jpg
    collection part 2 022.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 107
  • collection 035.jpg
    collection 035.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 92
  • collection part 2 002.jpg
    collection part 2 002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 115
  • collection 020.jpg
    collection 020.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Very very nice Weasel, you've got some cracking rounds there.
Thanks for showing them.
What a shame you can't leave them all out on display, perhaps some nice large cabinets made out of 4 X 8 timber would do the job??
Dave.

Hello Weasel,

Thank you for showing us your fabulous ordnance collection! I agree with Dave, it's a shame you can't admire & enjoy looking at the pieces every day.

Best regards,

Randall

Wow !

A very impressive collection Weasel and as SG500 says what a pity you have to store it all away !
Very nice indeed and thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Hi All,
Thanks for all the great comments, it has taken along time to build this up and still so much to get.

Best regards Weasel.

Wouldn't this look good in the pile !

U.S. 37mm AA round with the impossible to find OD M54.
The non inert round would look the same except the fuse would be bare metal. The spacer in the upper end of the tube rubbed the paint. As found untouched, never tampered with.
Used in the M1A2 AA gun and the M9 Autocannon in the Kingcobra.

Attachments

• M17M54a.jpg
    M17M54a.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 27
  • M17M54b.jpg
    M17M54b.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 26
  • M17M54c.jpg
    M17M54c.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28
  • M17M54d.jpg
    M17M54d.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 37aaa.jpg
    37aaa.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Killer round

Very nice Gordon, i think it would look great in my pile. Beautiful round, cracking I think is the word...Dano

Ahh yes - but the Weasel has the Goods !

Or it will languish here and slowly procreate and have a Brother with an M80, M55A1 and so on, as I can do it. It is related to my Airacroba 37x145r rounds with the same projectiles - Unless I'm stopped :xd:

(aka; fairweasel37)

~ one Weasel pulling another Weasel's tail !

Nice stuff!

Looks much better out mate than in the cupboard! I dont do german so what is the strange cannon round,with the silver projectile? Apologies if this makes me sound like an idiot.Tig.

Hi Tig,
The round in question is the 2cm Solothurn Hartkern round, made i belive for only a very short period of time 1 year i think. There is a thread giving more info on here somewhere cant find it at the moment, it is a light alloy shell with a tungsten core with a screw in tracer element. As far as i know there were two lengths of projectile this being the longer one. It has taken me a long time to find one of these. And yes i would love to leave it all out but back in the cupboard it goes as the cat has already knocked over half the cannon rounds.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Dave, i knew i had seen another thread. Thats a cracking example you've got.
Best regards Weasel.