What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More rockets for identification

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I thought some of these would show up in the Russian Parade books, but apparently too early - any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_1903.JPG
    DSC_1903.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1906.JPG
    DSC_1906.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • DSC_1907.JPG
    DSC_1907.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1637.JPG
    DSC_1637.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC_1642.JPG
    DSC_1642.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 45

RGB-12 projectile​

[edit]
  • Weight: 73 kg
  • Warhead: 30 kg
  • Diameter: 251.7 mm
  • Length: 1.24 m
  • Range: 400 m to 1200 m
  • Depth: up to 350 m
  • Rate of descent: 6.25 m/s
I have a K3m fuze as a cutaway which I will post in the future

Last edited:
The first three are of a nominally 82 mm calibre inert training rocket for the PK-16 (ПК-16) system. I can't say which exact model it emulates as they all look pretty much the same.

The latter two images are of a nominally 253 mm calibre RGB-12 (РГБ-12) series anti-submarine rocket depth charge, which was developed for the RGB-1200 (РГБ-1200) Uragan (Ураган) launcher system. The munition's Russian Navy index code 11F-V (11Ф-В). Fuzing for the series is reportedly ether K-3 (К-3) series contact (impact), or the KVD (КВД) depth (10-330 m) and contact.

When I was in Vietnam, we came across the RBS 12, never did get ID'd, so it went to the MAVC Intell guys. There were two of them set up on a metal launcher. The infantry had found them and took care of the troops using it, then called EOD. Now 55 years later I am finding more ion formation on it,

(RGB-12) Service of Rusian Navy 1953.
-Fuse K-3 , ?
-Fuse K-3M . Service Rusian Navy ..1953 to : ББ-1, БПС, РБМ и РГБ-12.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...8QFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0qLuihMgwS2XmU6TQn_kOg
-Fuse KDV (КДВ) , service Rusian Navy ..1954.
Akon
Thanks for the PDF. It would be interesting to see any details on the KDV.

Akon, there is a problem with the link !
Works for me... remarkably seeing all the script and other blockers I have running!

Oups, in fact, the file was downloaded (lots of it as I clicked several times on the link), but I kept waiting for something to appear in the browser. Sorry !