What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minenwerfer

Chris

Ordnance approved
I have this photo and made it in the museum Hoge Krater in Ieper (Belgium).
No measurements off course.
Have never seen it in any documention.
Maybe someone at BOCN can !!!!

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

• CIMG3676.jpg
    CIMG3676.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 89
I have this photo and made it in the museum Hoge Krater in Ieper (Belgium).
No measurements off course.
Have never seen it in any documention.
Maybe someone at BOCN can !!!!

Regards,

Chris

This looks like the half size (height) 25cm heavy smoke/incendiary minenwerfer - 1/2 Schwere brandmine.

D

Hey Chris, I'd agree with Doctor. We saw the training rounds quite often in 76mm, and on occassion as a 170mm. This is the first I've seen as a 25cm, but all else is the same. Initially I heard all of them called smoke/incendiary, but our mutual friend from Belgium set it straight.

Hi
This one is training sMW with recharged smoking little charge

Thanks for the clarification doctor. Do you have a sectioned drawing? If this isn't a brandmine did they have one in this calibre and again do you have a sectioned drawing showing the difference?

Thanks

D

Hi
BrandMine have the same body as chemical mine , your have heavy body and is not incdy
Incdy mine have two holes on top head (Metalic sodium) or 8 holes for anthracene composition and always thin walls like chemical mine
Exist in 7.6 cm; 17 cm, 25 1/2 sM (your) and sM (long mine)
I'll send pictures off these mines tomorrow

Thank you guys, I have seen the smaller ones also but just like you Jeff never seen this one before.

Chris