What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late War German 3.7cm Box

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Hi ,can anyone confirm what this box contained ? Made from compressed cardboard ,late war product ? 3.7cm rounds ? but for what , Flak ?

Made by jjj ,Gorlitzer Koffer-u. Lederwarenfabrik Neuhaus KG ,Gorlitz-Moys ,Saxony or Oder ,Zgorzelec ,Poland ?

Regards Dave

Attachments

• DSCF1513.jpg
    DSCF1513.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1512.jpg
    DSCF1512.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1511.jpg
    DSCF1511.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF1510.jpg
    DSCF1510.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22
As the box text says "Luftwaffen Munition" it must mean Flak. Flak units were organized in Luftwaffe.

Hi Reino,i guessed it would be Flak but didnt know if the "Luftwaffen " bit might be Aircraft ammunition .The rest of the text according to a online translation as Dont open upright or upside down ,thanks ,Dave

I would say to aircraft ammo was inside. 2 different versions of this boxes are at my home. One has the Label inside for Ap rounds with tungsten core

Last edited:

i give these boxes also with Heeresmunition (army ammo) and buy this pics is hard to say wich label is from wich box. the airforce also have aa-guns correct, so its interesting to look at the label :)
the 3,7cm Br.Sprgr.Patr. also was used in the bk. the pzgr18 at the end of war not, only at the development at the beginning

2 older pics of my...

Attachments

• IMG_4679.JPG
    IMG_4679.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4678.JPG
    IMG_4678.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
It says "air force ammunition", to make ties to the BK is somewhat strong on fantasy. All I have ever seen contained regular rounds for AA guns. Not a single H-PzGr or M-Gr. Go figure.