What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K 9 PD Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone have one of these fuzes?
What country is it?

I know the image is in German, but the nomenclature doesn't seem to fit.

Joe

Attachments

• K9.JPG
    K9.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 29
Here is the K9 on an OFZ (HEI-FRAG) grenade.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_25.jpg
    Zuschneiden_25.jpg
    933.2 KB · Views: 24
- K-9
-Russian fuse.
-20mm ammo.
-20x99R .
20mm (Shvak)
Akon
I can't find anything on the 'K-9' fuze for the ShVAK (ШВАК) 20 mm aircraft cannon in Russian reference documents I have locally. I also can't really find anything online either, but that may just be down to me.

The fuze looks almost the same as the K-6 (not K-6M) model, but simpler, though that may just be the diagram and not reality. A diagram of the K-6 from Russian source material is below.

K-6.png

I'd be interested to see Soviet/Russian/Warsaw Pact/etc. source material on the K-9 if you have any.

@Eggburt 1969
Perhaps it would help to cite the source of the image you put here.
I will do it with your permission.
Among other things, there is a drawing for the K-6, K-6M fuse and beyond A-20 (in another document

1725524608615.png1725524642254.png it is diferent designated fuse MG-201. (MG-201 : as mentioned by MINENAZ16)
So there are 3 types ... each one is different.
Everyone will deduce what will be closest to the German drawing and convince himself that he is right.
-----
PS: I still don't know why I remember K-9. When I find it (and if) I'll put it here...
1725523169789.png1725523224257.png

Last edited:
Does anyone have a picture of the MG-2 fuze? There is a nice cutaway image in the manual, but I need an external view of it if possible.

Joe