What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info about GP bombs 250 & 500 lb. Mk V in Air Publication 1661B

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Looking for the pages of the Bombs, H.E., Aircraft, G.P., 250 and 500 lb. Mk V from Air Publication 1661B, Volume 1.
The AP 1661B that I have, has only information and drawings of the GP bombs Mk I, II, II and IV.

That would be an edition posterior to 1944. I'm interested too (whole book) !
Must be an early amendment in the publication. The Mk V with the No. 17 Pistol was already found in June/Juli 1941 in Germany. So already dropped in the first years of the war.
Less than a week ago the Dutch EOD renders safe a 250 lb. Mk V with a No. 17 Pistol that was dropped on 3 October 1941, penetrated trough the whole building and stopped 8 meters deep below the surface. On the attached files you can see the bomb with pistol and a art impression of the site, where first two buildings were demolished before the pit of sheet pile planks could be built.

Attachments

• bom-cr.jpg
    bom-cr.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 49
  • e05dcb70-4ba4-3b04-b8d0-aab73ba8ba16.jpg
    e05dcb70-4ba4-3b04-b8d0-aab73ba8ba16.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 50
Antoon I have some drawings of the 250 Mk V and 500 Mk V but the are not fron the AP 1661B is that a problem?

Chris

Chris,

I have also some drawings, but I am looking for the pages from the AP 1661B, because this document is the primary information source about British bombs.

Greetings - Antoon