What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification needed...

the right ones are maybe remains of german P.u.W. bomb fuzes for 10 kg bombs, but I am not 100% sure.

Did P.u.W come in an all alloy version? They were found near an airport used during WW11. I hthought maybe P.u.W but can't find an alloy version.

Did P.u.W come in an all alloy version? They were found near an airport used during WW11. I hthought maybe P.u.W but can't find an alloy version.

Hi,

That's an interesting point.
I have seen all brass P.u.W ones (search BOCN for PuW) and I have this one, which I assume is late war vintage with the part alloy body.

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3483.JPG
    DSCN3483.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
your "b. Dopp. Z. C/96" (this is the correct name, I made a mistake before) is just missing the Aluminium part around the fine threaded top part which is giving the fuze the shape of a normal Dopp.Z.C/96. Most of them I have seen were also missing this part. It was may be an alloy of magnesium/aluminium which corrodes away quickly.

@Drew: nice piece!

Dopp.Z.96 is alot smaller. This fuze is atleast twice the size and weight. Wider on the threading and it doesn't fit into any projectile that i have tried. It has no markings or stamps