What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History and Evolution of American 3-inch guns?

condor

Hello, I'd like to know about a Pamphlet, Book, Article, etc. Talking About the History and Evolution of American 3-inch guns, from Naval and Coastal Defense to Anti-Air, Tank, Anti-tank, and Field Artillery guns. Looking for a Comprehensive Guide to Discerning Different 3-inch Guns from the Late 1800s through the Second World War. Suppose anyone knows the Name or title of the Book or article. I remember a paper about this topic from a few years ago. It might have been IAA, but I cannot recall. Thank you in advance.

Condor,
TM 9-421 3-inch Seacoast Gun material (1942).
You can read here about the Gun and it's ammunition.

Leaflet

Hello, I'd like to know about a Pamphlet, Book, Article, etc. Talking About the History and Evolution of American 3-inch guns, from Naval and Coastal Defense to Anti-Air, Tank, Anti-tank, and Field Artillery guns. Looking for a Comprehensive Guide to Discerning Different 3-inch Guns from the Late 1800s through the Second World War. Suppose anyone knows the Name or title of the Book or article. I remember a paper about this topic from a few years ago. It might have been IAA, but I cannot recall. Thank you in advance.
Try two books by Ian Hogg....
Allied Artillery of WW1
Allied Artillery of WW2
Also ..
The American Arsenal (possibly compiled by the same author.
Am away from home (and library) for a few weeks, but i remember plenty of information on the various US 3inch guns

Try two books by Ian Hogg....
Allied Artillery of WW1
Allied Artillery of WW2
Also ..
The American Arsenal (possibly compiled by the same author.
Am away from home (and library) for a few weeks, but i remember plenty of information on the various US 3inch guns
Thank you, I will look into them.