What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID unknown WW1 German Air dropped(?) Signal Device(?)

Buster

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Can anyone ID and and explain the use of the item shown in the pictures below please? For scale the Cartridge is a 12 Bore and is HS ' * 12 * 12 '

IMG_1460.jpegIMG_1461.jpegIMG_1462.jpeg
IMG_1464.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Here is one in my own collection.
When I first saw it, it was complete with the finned cap. Somehow that had been lost when next I saw it. To my utter fury!
Anyway, I managed to save what was left. They are not common.
Alan1.DSCN0907[1].JPG

"A standard incendiary mixture known as 'Cendite', containing aluminium, barium nitrate and "hammer scale" (Po3 O4). This mixture when compressed is one of the more difficult compositions to ignite."

Hello everyone,

This incendiary bomb was also used in Spain in the Moroccan campaigns and in the Spanish Civil War. Diagrams attached.
The one used in Spain had thermite as an incendiary charge.
Greeting

Attachments

• bombas Baby 1.jpg
    bombas Baby 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 24
  • bombas Baby 2.jpg
    bombas Baby 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 24
  • bombas Baby.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 7
  • DGAM-1085.jpg
    DGAM-1085.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 23
The "B-3 incendaria", more often called "Nobel baby", had been in use in Spain since 1925, locally produced in the suburbs of Madrid by the Union Espanola de Explosivos
Length 153mm Diameter 25mm Weight 134g

Aérea (Madrid). 9-1925, no. 28 Incendiaria.jpg

Bomba Incendiaria B-3 L153mm D25mm W134g.jpg