What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what this is number A1

Empty can of fosters lager, post ww2, looked like a nice example but i have terrible head ake after drinking that stuff, once i start i cannot stop, i have to walk home as too tight to get taxi and usually fall over in the most muddiest spot on the trek, i see a reproduction fag just to the right of the can, im still on the real things but i have got to kick it soon,,,,,, Dave

Looks like the scarce 1 Pint version of the Australian designed (British produced) Lethal Alcoholic Gas Emitting Round - I'm a bit confused by the colour scheme - following current NATO guidelines it has an overall blue body for a practice round with stencilling in golden yellow that would indicate a flash or HE component and thre is a supplemental red marking that suggests an incendiary element. I hope that to conform with BOCN gudelines it has been deactivated and is FFE (Fuly Finished and Empty).

And if you fill the empty with concrete, you can shoot it through a car with your cannon.

Looks like the scarce 1 Pint version of the Australian designed (British produced) Lethal Alcoholic Gas Emitting Round - I'm a bit confused by the colour scheme - following current NATO guidelines it has an overall blue body for a practice round with stencilling in golden yellow that would indicate a flash or HE component and thre is a supplemental red marking that suggests an incendiary element. I hope that to conform with BOCN gudelines it has been deactivated and is FFE (Fuly Finished and Empty).

I have 5 empty ones of these is anyones interested? Possibly have a few more soon!

I spent many of nights in Kent, Ohio drinking that wonderfull brew, then doing a little porcelain worshipping afterwards.

I have 5 empty ones of these is anyones interested? Possibly have a few more soon!

I believe that they were packed in 6's. Have you got the interconnecting plastic multi round restraining device. Also the items when filled had a user operated rapid entry pull off mechanism. As a collectors item your rounds will be virtually worthless without these hard to find components.

Do any have the old fashioned distribution labels? These I believe are quite desirable to the hardened collector, particularly the ones with low fractional numbers preceded by a or $ symbol.

Their use is mostly gone from the distribution chain but I think these labels are still used in some smaller store locations. Example's that come to mind are L0ND15 and N1SA.

I did once see one in relic condition, sadly it had numerous holes that I suspect were made by low velocity impacts by projectiles of about .177 caliber. The thing about it that really caught my attention was the coded distribution label, HAPPY SHOPPER. Obviously a morale booster.

Used as a nicotine substitute by the looks of it going by the other item in the pic:tinysmile_angry_t:

Here is a smaller but no less deadly variety. As well as the standard colour for this pattern it is also clearly marked 'STUBBY' to the side.
Of particular note is that this one still retains the fully operational pull mechanism !!!!

HPIM0295.jpg

Here is a smaller but no less deadly variety. As well as the standard colour for this pattern it is also clearly marked 'STUBBY' to the side.
Of particular note is that this one still retains the fully operational pull mechanism !!!!

View attachment 70702

I HOPE THIS ONE IS INERT:bigsmile:......if not I am fully qualified to 'deal' with it for you

Personally I prefer to collect the more dangerous bottle greandes. However, to inert them it is necessary to remove the highly dangerous liquid red content which is often of Australian or French origin.

We persevere though.....

...and why is nobody SHOUTING?

Cheers
(hic)
Tonye

I HAVE LOADS OF FRENCH BOTTLE GRENADES!!!!.................so many in fact, i threw a load in my recycle bin today!!!!!!