What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuzes

Tuney

I believe these are drill fuzes for the 3.7in AA but any help would be appreciated.the all brass I think is a No206 drill fuse but has no markings .the blue topped one is stamped with two numbers .No207 or 211 N

Attachments

• IMG_8638.jpeg
    IMG_8638.jpeg
    786.8 KB · Views: 54
They are "test" fuzes for Fuze Setting Machines

They are fitted to a projectile, fed into the FSM to ensure it is setting the fuzes to the correct time.

Timg

Last edited:
They are "test" fuzes for Fuze Setting Machines

They are fitted to a projectile, fed into the FSM to ensure it is setting the fuzes to the correct time.

Timg
The blue topped one is stamped DRILL

See "RAOS vol 4 Ammunition pamphlet 09 part 01 Artillery fuzes, gaines, tracers Amdt 1" (available in the downloads section) Section 9 § 5 and section 10 § 6 for a few details.

See "RAOS vol 4 Ammunition pamphlet 09 part 01 Artillery fuzes, gaines, tracers Amdt 1" (available in the downloads section) Section 9 § 5 and section 10 § 6 for a few detail
That is a fantastic reference book and as I thought they are drill fuzes for the 3.7inch gun . Thank you