What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze???? Identification needed

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
I need some help with this one if possible please.

Can anyone positively ID this one for me and tell me what it was used in?

I think it is possibly some base fuze, however it came to me many years ago screwed into the front of an SD1 - I thought at first it may have been a transport plug, but now I am not so sure????
I have taken photos from various angles, the only visible marks are a '40' stamped on the top and a '10' opposite again on the top, both facing the same way.

I have a SD 0.5 kg body which does not have a top, this screws nicely into the top and fills the missing hole (as you can see in the pictures) - though please note I am not suggesting it was used in this way !!! - whatever it is??

So over to you guys.....kind regards Kev

HPIM7138.jpgHPIM7139.jpgHPIM7140.jpgHPIM7141.jpgHPIM7142.jpgHPIM7146.jpg

Could it be a base primer from a cartridge case ?
Looks remarkably similar to Russian Primers with the central screw which covers a small primer inside the holder.

Thanks Guys..........I just found this thread from a while back
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/4810-German-ww2-primers?highlight=german+primer

could this be German rather than Russian??

regards Kev

ok.....I think I have pinned this one down to a German primer - either the Zdschr C/32 or the C/12 n.A. (I think there would have been more writing around the circular rim of the face which would have given the identification, unfortunately on my example being steel this has become slightly pitted and obscured what markings were there.

Thanks to all who helped on this, much appreciated

Last edited:
It is German C/12 n.A. St. primer. I have plenty of these which have never had stencilled markings. Russian WW2 primers have 3 notches for wrench and are made of brass.

It is German C/12 n.A. St. primer. I have plenty of these which have never had stencilled markings. Russian WW2 primers have 3 notches for wrench and are made of brass.

Thanks Tmine.
Were these interchangeable in the various sized German cases or were they designated to a specific size? (as you can see this isnt my area at all !!!!)
regards Kev

Last edited:
Hi Kev,
Large primers, electric or ordinary did fit in all case types having large primer pocket, the same with small primers. Thus one can't tell from primer in which case it has been.

Yes, but less than brass ones though - I had to write "most are made of brass" but my typing... Post war primers are mostly of steel.