What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Canadian 7.62mm drill round

smle2009

Hi to all,
I have this early Candian 7.62 Nato drill round,headstamped D.A. 55 (+) that seems to have been filled with some sort of powder,I know that some Brit .303" inspectors dummies were filled with coal dust to make them the same weight as a standard ball round and I also have a F.N. drill round that had been filled with fine shot(which makes it a lot heavier than a ball round!),
trying to find out what these Canadian drill rounds were filled with or could this drill round be a Inspectors dummy also?

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• PB120049.JPG
    PB120049.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 13
  • PB120051.JPG
    PB120051.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 31
Inspectors round Tony. No flutes or holes to identify it for use by non-technical troops.

Filling is probably sand or other inert material to bring it to weight of ball round. Total weight should be about 360 - 370 grains. One of our Canadian friends can probably give you the correct title (C4?).

Regards
TonyE