What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Django (1966)

sksvlad

This is an Italian spaghetti western movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060315/, the altered remake of which made Tarantino famous. In the original movie, Django uses a belted machine gun with a Gatling looking huge mantle with about 20 fixed barrels. I am pretty certain that such configuration is not possible. So is it a made up movie prop?

Last edited:
OK, I answered myself. I found the following:
With the exception of a sawed-off shotgun used by one of Jackson's men, the firearms shown throughout the film are historically inaccurate for a film set in the years immediately following the American Civil War. These weapons are the Colt Single Action Army (first made in 1873) and Colt New Service (1898) revolvers, Django's machine gun (a fictional model with a barrel based on the 1866-71 Montigny mitrailleuse, but a firing mechanism and belt-fed magazine inspired by the 1895 Maxim gun), and the Winchester 1892, 1894 and 1906 lever-action rifles.