What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct designation of these Brit detonators

SpudGun

Gents, could you tell me what the correct military designation is for the Dets in the Photo.

My guess:

1/ Det Drill No L15A1 (non electric? )

2/ Det Drill ? (electric )

3/ Dummy ? (electric)

4/ Dummy ? (non electric ?)

Thanks.

3 & 4 are also drill detonators; assuming they are British, 3 represents the L2 electric detonator and 4 represents the L1 non-electric (igniferous) detonator. I never used drill dets myself, only the real thing and don't know what model numbers were allocated to drill dets. The L1A1 and L2A1 were the versions of live detonators in use when I was a soldier (1978 - 1993).

3 & 4 are also drill detonators; assuming they are British, 3 represents the L2 electric detonator and 4 represents the L1 non-electric (igniferous) detonator. I never used drill dets myself, only the real thing and don't know what model numbers were allocated to drill dets. The L1A1 and L2A1 were the versions of live detonators in use when I was a soldier (1978 - 1993).

L211A1 live electric dets being used now,must have come a long way since 1993!

Cheers
Tony