What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone ID this please?

3pinplug

Hi all,
Found this near to a 50mm projectile so assuming it may be military, anyone recognise the insignia or what it actually is???. Its 28/29mm in diameter and approx 0.5mm thick.
Any help much appreciated.
Many thanks
Mark

badge2.jpgbadge1.jpg
pencil.png

I reckon coin or token too.
Bear in mind once you have had it assessed it may be classed as `treasure`!
As a slight asside and looking at your original post 3pin, as we used to say `assumption is the Mother of all F!*k ups`!!!

Looks like a button.
In the first picture you can see where something has broken off in the middle.
Hangarman

I agree with hangarman, looks to be some sort of button that has been squashed flat.

Darren

Hi
Its approx 29mm in diameter and about 0.5mm thick. Did think coin when I found it but when I saw what looks like a fastening on the back thats what made me think badge of some sort.
Thanks for all the replies so far, much appreciated.
Mark

Still struggling here, but I think I can make out 'STRAND LON' on the rear, which I am assuming is Strand London. Much too thin to be an old military button though.

Cheers guys, will start to research livery buttons and see if I can pin down what that logo / motif is?
Mark

Yesterday was found at the South of France an old ceramica jar with 34 gold coins from the years 1500, 100.000 euro value. Not bad. Found at the basement of an old house. So, go back and search again.

Yes, all the countries with a long history of civilization are full of hidden treasures, the problem is to find them.

I live in Staines, just outside London. It used to be a Roman town. There have been massive amounts of Roman bits and bobs dug through the years. I remember finding a Roman coin by a river bank when I was about 10. It ended up going to Staines mini museum in the end.

Yes, at Barcelona, (also a Roman town some hundreds of years ago :)), you cannot do a big hole in the ground without find some remains of something.