What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brass disc with a raised edge and having a thin layer of lead

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I found this on my favourite beach many years ago when I knocked off the rust from a small but heavy lump of rust and this fell off the flat end. At the time I suspected it was the base of a shell but there was no attached driving band on the lump that I found. The opposite end was unevenly jagged and I think the entire piece of steel was solid and therefore only part of the original item. As I remember it, the diameter was almost exactly the same as the lump of steel it fell off when I knocked off the rust. One of the markings on the lead inside looks very much like a US ordnance logo but I may be wrong. There is also an oval and a couple of faint letters. Any positive identification would be appreciated. I intend to place it as a free item in the classified section. I have never found another like it in over 50 years.P1090867.JPG