What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb/ fuze/ rocket arming device or just a aircraft part

BMG50

Premium Member
Calling all aircraft bomb fuze and aircraft part experts. Came across one of these the other day, been told its an arming device for an aircraft bomb but looking at the manuals i can't find anything, so i assume it could be for a missile.
I did have a look at the Delco company and they made aircraft parts, fuses and even bits for the atomic bomb during WW2. The device has a 27 volt dc motor that has twin motor shafts, the device also has two barometer cylinders either side that when opened under atmospheric pressure pushes the shaft with rubber end which rotates the mechanism the other way. On its full cycle when it runs for a few minutes it rotates three main shafts that it fits into, these come to a stop and can no longer move because of a lug on a cog that stops the device, i assume its a one way action like a bomb fuze used for a single job and not used over and over again. Any cues?
pencil.png

unident2.JPGunident6.JPGunident5.JPGunident1.JPG

I recall seeing similar gizmos in the ('70s vintage/technology) Fire Control center. Racks and racks of servos that transformed radar signals and bridge commands into aiming the guns on the ship. Your item looks akin to what was in those racks. Interesting, whatever it is.

Rick

The device certainly has something to do with altitude or maybe under water like a bit from a torpeado but it seems to be a one way ticket device.

At long last this item has been identified. Its from the T-1 bombsight computer, clutch and drive motor. The T1 was used in mosquitoes and other famous WW2 aircraft.