What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Augmenting charge?

smle2009

Had these for a fair time now,not really my bag but kept them as cloth Items recoverd from WW1 battlefields don't turn up very often!
So would like to know a bit about them now as they have grabbed my attention from having a bit of a clear out!!!!
One has a 'oval' symbol which I can't make out and the other has what looks like ? STOKES T ????? marked along the side,so the theory is stokes mortar augmenting charges??? probably totaly wrong so over to you guys
As I have said not my bag and will be chucking these soon(clearing out the old rubbish to make room for new rubbish:bigsmile:)
So if any use to anyone let me know,UK members only please(Post Office regs,sorry)

Cheers
Tony
P4090001.JPGP4090003.JPGP4090002.JPG

Yes, I think they are STOKES aug chges. Primary cart was in a vented tail tube and these wrapped around it.

I know a museum that would more than welcome them if you're binning them.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info St Barbara,
unfortunatly they have already been sent to another member
Cheers
Tony