What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another unknown grenade

roller63

Premium Member
This is one of the few items that I have in my collection that I am not sure what country or era it is from. I am guessing WW1 Italian, because of the weight and casting of the outer segments. It's about 90mm long, 58mm wide and weighs a hefty 700g. I think it must be either a training grenade or unfinished example as neither end is threaded. Any ideas ? Tony.

Attachments

• MVC-651S.JPG
    MVC-651S.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 21
  • MVC-652S.JPG
    MVC-652S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 29
  • MVC-654S.JPG
    MVC-654S.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
  • MVC-653S.JPG
    MVC-653S.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 16
Just thought I would bump this one from ages ago as it has come to light again, now we have so many members, someone may know something about this one ?

My guess is that it is Austrian. There are many varities of Schwere gernades and Austrian greanades seem to rum in the heavy weigth divisions. A quick check of my referencrs doed not show any exact matches.With un tapped holes at both ends, would probably be a practice as you mentioned.