What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Fuze ID...

Darren

Ive no idea what type of fuze this one is. Im looking for any info about this fuze, what type it is, what date, what it was used on etc.

Im also looking for a photo of a sectioned/cutaway example or an internal diagram.

This one has no stampings or stencils at all.

It looks like all im missing on this fuze is the booster cup, if anyone has a spare for this fuze for sale id be interested.

Thanks,
Darren

Attachments

• 012 (1252 x 1654).jpg
    012 (1252 x 1654).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 013 (810 x 1292).jpg
    013 (810 x 1292).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 014 (1107 x 1094).jpg
    014 (1107 x 1094).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 015 (1583 x 776).jpg
    015 (1583 x 776).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 016 (1632 x 718).jpg
    016 (1632 x 718).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 38
Having no markings at all im still stuck with this fuze, anyone have any idea what type of fuze this is?

Thanks,
Darren

I'm only guessing but it looks like a VT (variable time, otherwise known as Proximity) fuze. It will most likely be post WW2. They tend to be long intrusion, therefore any supplementary exploder in the shell they are screwed into would first need to be removed. The yellow colour will be relevant to the fuze frequency. I added to another post some time ago. I think it concerned the L27A1 fuze.

I'm only guessing but it looks like a VT (variable time, otherwise known as Proximity) fuze. It will most likely be post WW2. They tend to be long intrusion, therefore any supplementary exploder in the shell they are screwed into would first need to be removed. The yellow colour will be relevant to the fuze frequency. I added to another post some time ago. I think it concerned the L27A1 fuze.

Ive still found no info on this fuze, I agree a VT fuze and i also think post WW2. Hopefully Mrfuze will know more about this one??

Darren

Of course a VT fuze, right, probably after WW II, but I never have seen this one.
Let me know if you find out more about it!
Mr fuze, USA

The only thing I can offer would be to ask you to measure the diameter of the threaded section and the pitch of the threads (threads per inch or threads per mm). That would help to identify which projo it will fit.

The only thing I can offer would be to ask you to measure the diameter of the threaded section and the pitch of the threads (threads per inch or threads per mm). That would help to identify which projo it will fit.

I will get some measurements later on today.

Darren