What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Age related clearout surprise

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
I guess we all get to that stage when we realise that our future will be of much shorter duration than our past and that those ‘things’ that we have collected and treasured really have to go. Continuing with my own clearout I was about to list this common 47mm Japanese round on QFA. The proj. has been too tightly held to remove but as it would most likely end up going in the post I thought it best to spend a little time separating the proj. and case. To my great surprise the shell contained a fuze - albeit a plug fuze. I well remember my first 47mm, obtained from a friend in the late 50s (he wanted 90 spent .303 cases as his grandfather had found a Lewis gun on the local tip and wanted to fill the mag with empty cases!) Since that time quite a large number of these rounds and come my way but I have never had one with anything in the fuze socket.
strangely, the drive band is in two parts, the join being two rings up from the lower part.

Attachments

• IMG_7640.jpeg
    IMG_7640.jpeg
    897.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7642.jpeg
    IMG_7642.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7643.jpeg
    IMG_7643.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 38
Try these Jan, the reason the shell and case would not easily come apart was the the shell below the drive band including the base was covered with a hard grease.

regaeds, Dave

Attachments

• IMG_7657.jpeg
    IMG_7657.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7660.jpeg
    IMG_7660.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 19