What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm. Shell Carrier?

MikeS0000

Another oddball..., well, that's what it appears to be. Ebay find and I wondered if anyone has seen another. This is the first on its kind I've run across. Any thoughts on where, when it was used appreciated!

Best regards!
- Mike

Attachments

• Shell-Container2.jpg
    Shell-Container2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Shell-Container1.jpg
    Shell-Container1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
US_75mm_Gun_Model_1916_Firing_Position_Right_Side.jpg75mmgunm1897.jpgUS_75mm_Gun_Model_1917_Firing_Position.jpeg

Hello Mike,

You have a very nice U.S. 75MM MK I shell container for ammunition used in the Model 1897, 1916 & 1917 guns. MK I ammunition was available in HE, shrapnel and gas. Your tube has "CS" on it which may indicate CS gas. These guns were used from WWI into the 1940's. I've included a photograph of each of the model guns. L to R: M1916, 1897 & 1917.

Best regards,

Randall

Thank you Randall,

I've not seen one of these for the 75mm. before. I imagine they spanned quite a timeline. Have seen similar WW2 era mortar, powder containers, but the had stenciled, not impressed ends.

- Mike