What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75mm Russian AP shot, naval

charley777

75x660R  round.JPG75mm  Russian shot.JPG75mm Russian shot base.JPGHere is a Russian projectile that recently arrived in the mail.
Markings are 03 82 8-1104 914-913 (G) (anchor) (U)
The "G" and "U" are the Latin equivalents of the Cyrillic characters on the shot.

Diameter below DB 74.4mm
Diameter of DB 76.6mm
Diameter of bourrelet 74.6mm
Overall length 199 mm
Base to DB 39 mm
Width of DB 12.6mm
DB to groove 12.3mm
Width of groove 6 mm
Depth of groove 1.5mm
Weight 4890 gm

I have a photo from the net showing a very similar projectile in a 75x660R Russian M1892 case. (Which i have also attached here)
Having a similar case myself, i am seeking info on the projectile , including whether it is an appropriate match. Or not.....
Thanks, Charley

This most likely is for 75x660R101 Canet naval gun. See attached picture of a similar shell drawing from old Finnish manual. The groove above driving band is most unusual but seen on both.
The shell in drawing most likely is Finnish made which explains small differences.

Attachments

• 75 canet.jpg
    75 canet.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks for that Tmine35..
So the round illustrated above is a Canet 75x660R and i am happy to have such an unusual and probably uncommon projectile.