What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4,7cm Pzgr Patr 181 (f)

pzgr40

I am working on a cutaway model of a French 4,7cm Pzgr Patr 181 (f) , but I am not shure what the powdercharge looks like . I -by now - know it are strips of powder, but cannot fnd out the length, width and thickness. Looking at the drawing it also seems the shellcase is filled with four stacked packages of powder strips, devided by the red stripes I drew in. Is that correct? Who can help me with the correct info so I can finish the cutaway model.
Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 4,7cm Pzgr patr 181 f.jpg
    4,7cm Pzgr patr 181 f.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have checked the documents i have, but cannot find the detail.
Are you sure its 4 packages? The diagram, if correct, seems to show its divided into 6 packages, 2 larger, and 4 smaller, at the top.
(Ignoring the fact the case is shortened, for the benefit of the drawing)

Rich

That's why I wan to know the exact length. Before posting a cutaway model showing the wrong powder charge.

Regards, DJH

DJ,

At the drawings you can see the length of the cartridge case.

Greetings - Antoon

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2024-07-06 om 17.30.12.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-07-06 om 17.30.12.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Schermafbeelding 2024-07-06 om 17.29.46.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-07-06 om 17.29.46.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 32
For the French 4,7cm Pzgr Patr 178 (f) (with shot model 1936) I think so, 3 packages (strips of powder) and 1 smaller on top.