What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35 Pounder?

Falcon

I have heard that there is such thing as a 35 Pounder gun, which took a case.

Does anyone have an example of the case, or a drawing of one with dimensions?

35 or 32?

Dont know about 35 but there was a 32 pounder,which i dont think went into service,theres an example of the tank with gun at Bovington.Tony.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

32pr

If its any help Hoggs book on British & American artillery has a bit on a 32pr gun including that it used a 32lb APBC shot, seperate loading parallel sided brass case 35.8in long. The gun system was abandoned after trials.
2pr

Maybe it was a 32 Pounder then, I couldn't be sure.

I suppose it is very unlikely that a case could be found if it was only ever an experimental gun.

32 PDR case

Hi Falcon,There was an auction at Cotees in Wareham, Dorset recently,and i was told that a 32 Pdr case sold there by Dave(Rickoshae). It did not fetch much,but i believe it was a general auction,not militaria. Must have been worth 250+ for something this rare.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

So does anyone out there have a 32pdr case or projectile...I for one havnt seen one, and would like to.

Even an old picture would be good. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t