What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Rarden TP ?

ken68

Hi I am picking these three Rarden TP's up are there different size bodys on Raren projectiles etc . I have added a picture of a longer body Rarden also a smashed range find I have just like the ones in the picture , to the right is a 40mm projectile think APHE missing drive band any ideas on that . I wont have better pictures until I get them . just wondering if the Rarden TP-T I have is the same as the unfired ones and are they still in use or is it just the longer body TP's , hope all that made sence Cheers Ken

Attachments

• 30mm Rarden,orig proj.jpg
    30mm Rarden,orig proj.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 53
  • PA310260.jpg
    PA310260.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 46
  • PA310261.jpg
    PA310261.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 48
  • PA310262.jpg
    PA310262.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 56
  • shells 087.jpg
    shells 087.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 58
  • shells 088.jpg
    shells 088.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 44
Interesting - you sure not GAU TP projectiles?
How comw no evidence of paint for unfired?
Also - want to sell/swap one???!!

Hi mate i dont get them to December had a couple of mates saying they are the new Rarden TP-T ??.. Def same as my range find TP-T . Seen same projectiles on a web site last nite . Think the paint could have been stripped off ???
I may be able to get more .?? Got someone looking out for a load of inert kit for December these ones are on hold for me . On Kens Shelf .

Cheers Ken

No paint is odd as even fired ones still show signs of blue paint still left on them.....doesn't GAU projectiles use nylon drive bands?
Your range find TP-T Rarden projectiles are in current use by the UK Ken.

P.S....I'm sure I recognize that 'shelf' and you can be sure that they are what he tells you they are:tinysmile_twink_t:

Last edited:
No paint is odd as even fired ones still show signs of blue paint still left on them.....doesn't GAU projectiles use nylon drive bands?
Your range find TP-T Rarden projectiles are in current use by the UK Ken.

P.S....I'm sure I recognize that 'shelf' and you can be sure that they are what he tells you they are:tinysmile_twink_t:

Yes your right i have had a mail confirming they are current Rarden TP-T
Thanks mate

The unfired ones are RARDEN TP-T and are current. The range find you show in the first three pics, i suspect that the two pieces do not belong together as looking at how mangled the steel section is i would have thought the aluminum nose section would of come off worse. Your 4th pic may show a HE, but more likely A TP with the old ogive.
C.