What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x128KAA dummy

smle2009

Hi to all,
looking for the country of origin for this 20x128KAA drill/dummy,my 'gut' feeling is Swiss?,no markings inside or out on this round

Cheers
TonyP3250005.JPGP3250006.JPGP3250007.JPG

Many thanks Martin,
I can get on catalouge this one now,do you know the reason for the screw in/out base?

Cheers
Tony

Tony,

Well, how about that.....Ive had one of these in the collection for years and I didnt even know that the base unscrewed! I should have realised looking at that big hex in the base I suppose.

Robert.

Hi Robert,
I only found out this morning!!! there is quiet a large cavity in there when its screwed in,perhaps they hid their chocolates in there:wink:

Tony

I am not sure but I think base was made of metal so the catridge could be used longer. If the cartridge would be complete made of aluminum, it would be worn out after a short time. So with this system they just had to exchange the base and not the whole cartridge.