What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Hispano projectile

smle2009

Hi To all,
looking for an id for this 20mm Hispano projectile,ie load, it was painted blue but not original.
It is marked 20MM M99A1 GLN-1-16-68,and has an alloy fuze cap, so as it has a M number and the way the date is configured I would surmise it was of U.S origin. The case has no headstamp or markings.
Does M99A1 'tie up' with being a TP projectile? and does anyone have a photo of one with the original colour of these projectiles?

Cheers
Tony

Sorry no photo's as it would seem the upload seems to be down on the forum but not in albums

Last edited:
010 (2).jpg
Hi Tony,
Right first time!
I've got one in the collection but will have to wait til tomorrow to photograph.
cheers
Bob

Many thanks Bob,that is a great help.
Under the 'wrong' blue paint,which came off very easy with my thumbnail, it does look if it had been chemically blackened originaly.

Look forward to seeing your photo

Cheers
Tony

005 (5).JPG004 (4).JPG001 (5).JPG
Hi Tony ,Not the best example of marking but this is the M99 TP projectile as per your one.
Cheers Bob

Many thanks Bob,you are a star.
It looks as if the one I have has survived with the original finish,minus the white markings, after the 'blue paint' removal!

And a big thankyou to Weasel who supplied it,it goes rather well with the U.S 20x110 Oerlikon TP in my collection!

Cheers
Tony