What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1918, FN and HL27, 155 x 725R - 15 cm Kanone 16 - Germany, Friedrich Niemeyer

John R Blair Jr

FN  Friedrich Niemeyer1918  HL27.jpg

155 x 725R - 15 cm Kanone 16 - Germany FN = Friedrich Niemeyer, Germany

OK:
Long time nopost! I know RIGHT! I'm an opportunistic ordnance collector Soooo.... sue me ;)
Plus I’m on dial-up only; most of ya’ll don’t even know what that is!?!?!? Very difficult to load anything to BOCN from dial-up!

Got this 8/27/11, gave $85 for it:

I have most ofit figured but, I would be most grateful for any and all info on the; littleB30, the R, and the primer markings, especially that funny lookn FC scriptletter stuff!
Oh! This isjust the Head stamp drawing I made; I’m not going to take a photo you’ll justhave to imagine a tall bronze/brass cylinder pipe looking THANG!
Thanks
Cpl. Blair (USMC 77-81)
1918, HL27.jpg

Last edited:
FN is the factory of "Fritz Neumeyer" in Nrnberg, Bavaria (the lists with Friedrich Niemeyer are wrong)
24 is the lot-no., the 24th delivery since production started
HL27 is the acceptance stamp of the government "HauptLaboratorium" in Ingolstadt, Bavaria

on the primer:
your FC is a FL and means "FeuerwerksLaboratorium" Sb is the city of Siegburg, 16 the year of production, BS unknown

the smaller markings on the case are "unofficial" and may be internal factory signs...

Last edited: